2015-2016 Missions Alive!
focuses on nine West Africa countries – many of which are new places of ministry for the Free Methodist Church. This children’s missions curriculum is filled with fun facts, mission stories, missionary information, games, recipes, crafts and other activities.
Africa Area Director Mike Reynen tells users:
While you move through these lessons and stories, my prayer is that the Lord will stir your heart for mission work as near as your neighborhood and as far away as West Africa. Pray for the Lord to do special work in your heart this year as you get to know Free Methodists in West Africa!
The curriculum also includes
PowerPoint slides focusing on:
- the nine countries in this region where the Free Methodist Church has work – Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Ghana, Guinea-Conakry, Liberia, Niger, Nigeria and Togo
- information about the three Free Methodist missionaries who serve in those countries
- world religions
- problems faced by children around the world
- memory verses
Problems Faced by Children Around the World – Students learn about global problems children face: poverty, unsafe water, hunger, inadequate shelter, sickness, lack of education, child labor and war. They are encouraged to take action to address a need in the community or around the globe.
Children’s Offering Project – Helping Kids in West Africa
Groups are given three options to choose from for an offering project. Each project is facilitated through International Child Care Ministries (ICCM) to help children in West Africa.
- Project Idea #1: Togo School Supplies
- Project Idea #2: Water Filters
- Project Idea #3: Fulani Cow
Missions Alive! West Africa can be used for children’s missions month,
Christian Life Club (CLC), mid-week programs, children’s church, vacation Bible school
or adapted for other children’s gatherings.