FMC IN SWEDEN
The church is mainly composed of Central African immigrants. Many were members of the Free Methodist Church in the Democratic Republic of Congo and lived in Tanzanian refugee camps before coming to Sweden. People of the church desire to increasingly find ways to have an effective community witness and reach more African immigrants in the Scandinavian countries. Rev. Valentin Sikitoka Mboni leads the FMC in Sweden.
Free Methodist work in Sweden has begun under the leadership of Rev. Valentin Sikitoka Mboni and his wife, Teresa. They are originally from the Democratic Republic of Congo. After having lived for many years in a Tanzanian refugee camp, they received refugee status in 2016 and moved to Stockholm. They officially launched the Free Methodist church in August 2021.
• outreach of the local church to other immigrants in the area
• spiritual development and growth for the church’s many children and youth
• a permanent meeting place
• church members who are unemployed and adapting to the new culture
• Pastor Valentin Sikitoka and family