Scott and Natasha Edinger provide pastoral care for FM missionaries in Africa. This role includes encouragement and spiritual nurture via emails, phone calls and field visits; special care in emergencies or times of crisis; and organization of prayer support.
- Scott and Natasha to have the insight to develop ways to spiritually and emotionally support our Africa missionary team most effectively
- our Africa missionaries as they deal with the stress of being cross-cultural leaders far from family
- missionary children navigating life as third-cultural kids/adults
- future FM Africa missionaries as they respond to our Lord’s call
- safety for the Edingers as they travel to minister to FM missionaries
Finding the Open Door
Mamoud Koroma is his name. He joined us after serving with another church. The pastor of this church had died, and young Koroma was unsure what he should do next. He started praying. Then he met Pastor Emmanuel Mbawa. Mbawa had returned to Sierra Leone after years of...
A Time to Repeat
In Ecclesiastes, we read of “a time for everything” and “a season for every activity under heaven.” But nowhere does it mention “a time to repeat” or “a time for something new.” Yet, “a time to repeat” and “a time for something new” are true in the life of...
When looking for informal input from others, we “ask around.” What would you think if, at your baptismal service, your pastor “asked around” regarding whether your life had changed? That is just what happened recently in Mali. I was making a regular missionary visit...
Realities Girls Face
The story we encountered was difficult. A student named Yanza raised her hand and shared how an older man had solicited her friends for sex in exchange for the monthly supplies they needed for their periods. We heard this while presenting training in the Mathare...