Praying for Asia
Every road leads to an endless number of villages. Every village has a need. Every city has an endless stream of faces. And every face has a name. The numbers are staggering from our earthly perspective. More than 4 billion people, the vast majority adhering to Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, or some form of animism or ancestor worship. All reach out beyond themselves for something more. We can give them Jesus.
The Free Methodist Church has contacts or established ministries in at least 20 countries in Asia.
· Pray for open doors: The religious blocs of Hinduism, Islam, various forms of Buddhism, Animism and tribal religions are strongholds. Ask the Father to crack open these doors for the gospel.
· Pray for the right words: Considering the cultural and language barriers that need to be crossed, missionaries and national leaders need divine wisdom and inspired words to reach the hearts of the hearers.
· Pray for more workers: In Asia we are working together to reach 1 million Asians. This vision requires training 10,000 national leaders, and many new missionaries. Pray specifically for the Lord of the Harvest to multiply workers.
· Pray for abundant resources: In order to reach the poor and communicate a holistic gospel message, funds are needed to demonstrate compassion and meet basic life necessities.
· Pray for the Father’s glory: Ask for the Father's will to be done, and His kingdom come in every situation, in every country, in every church and every life. Pray an overcoming courageous spirit would stand strong in the spiritual battle.Eric, Asia Area Director