- wisdom to identify and develop healthy leaders
- the multiplication of committed disciples and the strengthening and emergence of new houses of peace
- continued active participation in the transformation of individuals, families and society
- guidance for Pastor Sebastian as he leads the district, pastors the church, serves his family and continues the pastoral plan toward ordination
There is much to celebrate in the newly formed mission district of Uruguay, despite its being located in the most secular of all Latin American countries. The church’s consistent ministry to children is having ripple effects that are bringing entire families to Christ and establishing new churches. The youth are taking leadership in planting churches. They have taken the training they received through the Community Church Planting movement and are sharing their faith and multiplying disciples.
Uruguay Mission District
Daniela DaCunha is passionate about Community Church Planting (CCP). As a successful CCP trainer in Paraguay, she moved to Maldonado, Uruguay, in 2021 to form and train new CCP teams. She is the regional mentor for the CCP network leaders in the southern cone,...
Prayercast | Uruguay
Recent Heartbeat Articles
The culture in Uruguay is different from other places in Latin America. In other countries, you see communities taking care of each other, celebrating birthdays together, and working together for the good of the community. This sense of community was also true of Uruguay in the past, but today many people in the cities are more reserved. Due to increased crime and drugs, people have begun to live separated from their neighborhood, putting bars on windows and staying inside. This change creates a tense environment.
- Population: 34,404,000 (93% urban)
- Evangelical Christians: Uruguay – 6.2%;
- FM Work Opened: 1995 (became a mission district in 2020)
- FM Churches: 1
- Community Church Plants: 9
- FMC Membership: 263
- Ordained Ministers: 8
- Conference Ministerial Candidates: 32
- District Leader: Sebastian Caballo
- Eccesiastical Accountability: FMWM through Latin America Area Director, Dr. Ricardo Gómez
- Montevideo ( 1.7 million)
Join the ministry in Uruguay
Church Planting & Development
Support for Uruguay Church Planting and Development (CPD) will help resource the following people and strategic initiatives:
- Pastor Sebastian Carballo, a young vibrant leader in Durazno who leads an integral ministry to the community. He is also the church planting trainer for Uruguay. Even amid the Covid-19 pandemic, ten new house churches have been established in 2020.
- The multiplication of committed disciples, healthy leaders and transformational churches in Uruguay.