- identification and development of new leaders
- resources to develop existing and new church plants
- connection to the local communities for outreach
- development of programs for youth and family outreach
In 2021 the Rev. Valentin Sikitoka established the Free Methodist Church in Stockholm, Sweden. He and many of his leadership team came to Sweden as refugees. They had difficulty finding a church. In response, they started the church in Stockholm and are making plans for several other new churches in Sweden, Denmark and Norway.
Mission District Leader
Valentin Sikitoka Mboni
Sweden Mission District
Prayercast | Sweden
Heartbeat | Sweden
When forced to leave their home in the Congo, many Free Methodists landed in the Nyarugusu refugee camp in Tanzania.The Nyarugusu camp in Tanzania has a population of more than 300,000. In the camp,...
The Free Methodist Church now has work in Sweden! In 2021, the Rev. Valentin Sikitoka launched the church and became the country leader of the Free Methodist Church in Sweden. Rev. Sikitoka is from...
- Population: 10,170,034
- Evangelical Christians: 5.77%
- FM Work Opened: 2021
- FM Churches: 5
- FMC Membership: 274
- Mission District Leader: Rev. Valentin Sikitoka Mboni
- Ecclesiastical Accountability: FMWM through Europe Area Director Josh Fajardo
Join the ministry in Sweden
Church Planting & Development
The church is mainly composed of Central African immigrants. Many were members of the Free Methodist Church in the Democratic Republic of Congo and lived in Tanzanian refugee camps before coming to Sweden. People of the church desire to increasingly find ways to have an effective community witness and reach more African immigrants in the Scandinavian countries. Rev. Valentin Sikitoka Mboni leads the Scandinavian Mission District.