- spiritual receptiveness to beginning new churches in new communities
- wisdom, spiritual growth and daily faith for Misha and Lena, who have committed their lives as servants of Jesus Christ and who often face significant hardship
- cessation of the hostilities in eastern Ukraine (where there is an ongoing armed conflict with Russia)
- protection for the ministry team
- financial needs for the Ukrainian FMC
The FM Church is officially registered in Ukraine as “Mayak Nadii,” which means “Beacon of Hope.” This registration gives the mission team freedom to carry out a multitude of religious activities anywhere in Ukraine. The church in Rivne is based on simple, easily reproducible concepts. The strategy is to develop new relationships and disciple new believers under the Holy Spirit’s guidance. One unique ministry seeing success is the Lighthouse of Hope Rehab Center. Over 75 men have completed the six-month residential program, gaining victory over their addictions, and learning about God’s goodness, grace and power. A second center, House of Mercy, is open for older men and currently has six residents while another House of Mercy, for elderly women is planned. Valera Pedchenko serves as the rehab center leader and is a chaplain with the Ukrainian military. The work in Ukraine is currently led by a dedicated lay couple, Misha and Lena Petrochenko.
Since the February 2022 invasion of Ukraine by Russian military forces, the FMC in Ukraine has been active in housing and feeding refugees along with delivering food and medicine to conflict areas. Ministry work in Ukraine has spread from Rivne and now includes providing aid to people in Berehove, Kyiv, Mariupol, Munkachevo and Odessa.
National Ministry Coordinator
Prayercast | Ukraine
Heartbeat | Ukraine
Ukraine Crisis Response, One Year Later
On February 24, 2022, Russia invaded the eastern provinces of Ukraine and began a war no one believed could happen in Europe in the 21st century....
God’s Plan and Provision
God’s plans and provisions are often like connecting the dots. It begins with me, an international missionary from Ireland serving the Free...
- Population: 10,170,034
- Evangelical Christians: 5.77%
- FM Work Opened: 2021
- FM Churches: 1
- FMC Membership: 32
- Country Leader: Under the Regional Director of Central and Eastern Europe, Gerry McNamara
- Eccesiastical Accountability: FMWM through Europe Area Director Josh Fajardo
Join the ministry in Ukraine
Church Planting & Development
Supporting Ukraine Church Planting & Development (CPD) will help resource the following people and strategic initiatives:
- Church planting travel, food and housing — outreach into new villages with simple church
- Book and booklet publishing/purchasing — Bible study booklet for new believers
- Mission part-time national staff expenses, including government-required pension payments
- Mission office utilities and upkeep
- Bookkeeping and legal fees
- Van fuel and maintenance
- Education in country — training for national staff
- Training seminars/travel
- Compassion ministries — orphans/medical refugees from and in the conflict areas
- Travel-related expenses to send Ukrainian representatives to Church Leaders Conference
- CPD promotional materials
Bishops’ Crisis Response Fund
Immediate Need for the European Crisis
“For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sake He became poor, so that you through His poverty might become rich.” (2 Corinthians 8:9 NASB)
The Free Methodist Church is marvelously connected to respond globally to the pain of crises as they appear. We have a deeply rooted mission to bring relief to our brothers and sisters while taking the gospel to the poor. Is the Lord preparing us for such a time as this as we extend compassionate hands in our own neighborhoods and around the world? This is an opportune time to creatively share the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Currently, the war in the Ukraine is creating a refugee crisis throughout Europe. In support of our European missions, these gifts will help to address issues related to the Russian-Ukrainian war and the refugee crisis. As you give, you can be assured of the following:
- The BCRF has already been sending available funds in reserve.
- 100% of your donation is sent directly to points of global need as they arise.
- Funds given replenish the BCRF as needs are met.
The needs in Europe are great. Thank you for your generosity.