- development of healthy leaders, multiplication of committed disciples and empowerment of transformational churches
- wisdom and guidance for Pastora Mariana Mafla as she pastors the church in central Quito and serves as district leader
- missionaries J.R. and Becky Crouse and their family as they assist the churches in Ecuador and serve the Latin America are through the Developing Healthy Leaders Pillar (Becky) and the Empowering Transformational Churches Pillar (J.R.)
The mission district in Ecuador continues to grow as the Community Church Planting movement expands beyond the two cities where its seven churches are located. Fifteen new community churches began in 2021, making a total of 34 since the pandemic began. Churches are also participating in holistic and transformational ministry with a community garden in the capital city of Quito and a new joint venture between ICCM and World Vision to serve children in a very rural area of the country.
Free Methodist work in Ecuador became a mission district under Free Methodist World Missions in 1983.
Ecuador Mission District
Based in Quito, Ecuador, the Crouses assist the Free Methodist Church in Ecuador and the Latin America Area (LAA) through leadership development, education and transformational development. J.R. is a member of the LAA Empowering Transformational Church team, serving...
Prayercast | Ecuador
- Population: 17,510,643 (64% urban)
- Evangelical Christians: 11%
- FM Work Opened: 1981
- FM Churches: 7
- FM Membership: 649
- Ordained Ministers: 18
- District Leader: Pastor Mariana Mafla
- Ecclesiastical Accountability: FMWM through Latin America Area Director, Dr. Ricardo Gómez
- Guayaquil (2.7 million)
- Quito (2.0 million)
Join the ministry in Ecuador
Church Planting & Development
Funding the Ecuador Church Planting and Development (CPD) will help resource the following people and strategic initiatives:
- Effective leadership development for children, youth and young adults through educational enrichment, after school programs, mentoring and discipleship (Through these church-based initiatives in the community, entire families are being led to faith in Christ and experiencing life transformation.)
- Follow up on contacts that could result in two new churches in Quito and one in Esmeraldas
- Over 20 people from the four Quito churches taking a course of study through FLET (Fundación Latinoamericana de Estudios Teológicos), part of Theological Education by Extension