- development of healthy leaders and multiplication of committed disciples
- churches that actively participate in the transformation of individuals, families and society
- unity in the hearts and minds of district members and the growth of new leaders and strong ministry teams
- wisdom and discernment for Pastora Geovanna Chavez as she pastors a church in Tacna and provides district leadership
Since starting in the southern city of Tacna, the ministry of the Free Methodist Church has spread throughout the three regions of Peru – jungle, mountains and coast. Pastora Geovanna Chavez pastors the Tacna church and serves fruitfully as district leader. She has organized an effective team to train leaders and plant community house churches.
In 1992 a young Chilean, Victor Alvarez, asked the Chilean FMC to appoint him to open the FMC in southern Peru. When it became clear that the Chileans wouldn’t have any funds to help support him, Victor said he wanted to be assigned even without funding. During his first year, he traveled by hitchhiking and eating an apple daily for lunch. In 1994 another Chilean, Samuel Vasquez, was assigned by the Chilean conference to a church plant in Tacna, Peru.
Peru Mission District
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Prayercast | Peru
Prayercast | Peru
Recent Heartbeat Articles
“May I invite you to my church on Sunday?” That was Rosa Loayza’s simple but silent invitation to her friend, Felix Sam. She wanted Felix to encounter Jesus. Rosa, like Felix, is deaf and mute, so she understands firsthand the importance of social integration and the barriers deaf people often experience. Before relocating to Lima, Peru, Rosa was part of the Free Methodist Church “Dios de lo Imposible” (God of the Impossible) in Venezuela, a church for people with all kinds of physical limitations. Without a doubt, her experience there continues to drive more people along the path to faith.
- Population: 30,147,935 (73% urban)
- Evangelical Christians: 11.6%
- FM Work Opened: 1993
- FM Churches: 7
- Community Church Plants: 52
- FMC Membership: 713
- Ordained Ministers: 6
- Ministerial Candidates: 4
- District Leader: Pastora Geovanna Chavez
- Ecclesiastical Accountability: FMWM through Latin America Area Director, Dr. Ricardo Gómez
- Major Cities:
- Lima (7.6 million))
- Arequipa (730,000)
Join the ministry in Peru
Church Planting & Development
Support for Peru Church Planting and Development (CPD) will help resource the following people and strategic initiatives:
- Mission district Leader – Pastor Geovanna Chavez
- A Bible institute that takes classes to the different churches in an effort to equip pastors and lay leaders
- Churches to be established and multiplied in the capital city of Lima
- Multiplication of disciples, leaders, groups and churches through Community Church Planting