- development of healthy leaders, multiplication of committed disciples and continued empowerment of transformational churches
- the positive impact of new structures and strategies being introduced in Guatemala, including Community Church Planting, Pastoral Care Groups and Pastoral Formation courses
- the restoration of families and marriages in Guatemala
- wisdom and direction for Hector and Marissa Escobar
Thanks to the pioneering networking work of both the Mid-America and Gateway Conferences beginning in 2008, the FMCUSA has developed strong relationships with key pastors and apostolic leaders in Guatemala. Pastor Hector and Marissa have been actively involved in region-wide events. They worked through the affiliation process to officially become part of the Free Methodist Church in Latin America in August 2022.
While visiting Guatemala in 2010, the then-superintendent of the Mid-America Conference of FMCUSA met Hector and Marissa Escobar through a series of serendipitous connections. Hector and Marissa had already built quite a network of multiplying churches and actively pursued belonging to a larger family where they could benefit from spiritual covering and accountability. Over the years, the Mid-America conference built and nurtured this relationship until there was a clear path towards connecting this growing Guatemalan network to the rest of the work of the FMC in Latin America – a transition began to take place in 2020.
Guatemala Mission District
Prayercast | Guatemala
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
- Population: 17,188,000 (52.03% urban)
- Evangelical Christians: 24.64%
- FM Work Opened: 2008
- FM Churches: 60
- FMC Membership: 1,269
- Ordained Ministers: 4
- Conference Ministerial Candidates: 9
- Country Leader: Hector Escobar
- Ecclesiastical Accountability: FMWM through Latin America Area Director, Dr. Ricardo Gómez
- Guatemala City (2.6 million)
Join the ministry in Guatemala
Church Planting & Development
Hector and Marissa currently provide leadership and oversight to almost 60 churches within (and outside of) Guatemala. The churches are concentrated in urban areas (Guatemala City, Antigua and Huehuetenango) and extremely remote rural regions. Rapid church planting and a culture of developing and commissioning leaders are hallmarks of the network. Additionally, they emphasize community transformation. Rehabilitation and restoration facilities serve over 100 men and women with chemical and alcohol dependencies, and the churches also minister to children affected by extreme poverty and food insecurity.