- wisdom and anointing on Bishop Cecilio Osoria as he leads the large FMC in the Dominican Republic
- the experiences students have at the FM-sponsored elementary and secondary schools to be transformational and lead them to deep faith in Christ
The Dominican Republic Free Methodist Church became a general conference in January 2001. The conference has three annual conferences, publishes its own adult Sunday school material, and sponsors more than 20 elementary schools, a lay leadership-training institute and a university-level seminary. The church also oversees work in a nearby creative access country.
A Free Methodist layman, Samuel E. Mills, began the work in the Dominican Republic in 1889. He was the first missionary of any denomination to minister to the Spanish speaking population of the island. Seven years later he saw his first convert. The “evangelicals” were treated with contempt and some hostility for many years. Very early the need to educate converts was seen. Schools were established to assist in the training of pastors and to influence the community for Christ.
Bishop Cecilio Inocencio Osoria Ureña
Bishop of the Dominican Republic General Conference
Prayercast | Dominican Republic
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
- Population: 10,847,910 (65% urban)
- Evangelical Christians: 10.84%
- FM Work Opened: 1889
- FM Churches: 249
- FM Membership: 33,307
- Ordained Ministers: 133
- Ministerial Candidates: 26
- Bishop: Cecilio Inocencio Osoria Ureña
- Ecclesiastical Accountability: Free Methodist World Conference
- Santo Domingo (3.0 million)