- the encouragement of pastors, leaders, and members as they emerge from a time of uncertainty and financial pressure due to the pandemic
- the finding of ways to approach and present Jesus to Spaniards
- financial support, guidance and protection for the missionary team serving in Spain
- wisdom and divine strategy to be implemented in La Cañada Real
- the John Wesley Theological Seminary in Spain, for its director and teachers as they bring a robust and accessible curriculum for 2022-23
- necessary resourcing, including finances, material and personnel for the Mosaico Cultural Center and John Wesley Theological Seminary
The FMC in Spain is implementing Community Church Planting principles. To this end, the John Wesley Theological Seminary has been established in Madrid to help train and equip pastors, church planters and lay leaders. In Rivas-Vaciamadrid, the Light and Life Community FMC impacts the community through the Mosaico Learning Center, helping immigrants and Spaniards by providing English and Spanish-language classes, after-school support, cultural integration assistance, workshops, and individual and family counseling. Mosaico plans to start working at La Cañada Real, the largest shantytown in Southern Europe. La Cañada Real has a large immigrant population living in extreme poverty.
The FMC ministry in Spain continues to grow and develop amid challenges resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. In the Canary Islands, there are churches in Lanzarote and Fuerteventura and three new and vibrant faith communities spread across the capital of Gran Canaria. On the mainland of Spain, there is a church serving African immigrants in Lleida in Catalonia, as well as Spanish-speaking churches in Pontevedra in Galacia, Barcelona in Catalonia, Rivas-Vaciamadrid in Madrid, and on church plant in Mar de Cresital, also in Madrid.
Mission District Leader
Spain Mission District
Cathy Alford is a credentialed coach with the International Coach Federation, a certified CliftonStrengths® coach, and a certified Daring Way Facilitator. She is a former corporate trainer and a recognized leader. Cathy has a passion for helping others discover their...
Raúl and Abigail (Abi) Araña-Santana are appointed as national missionaries to Spain. Raúl serves as lead pastor for the Light & Life Free Methodist Church in Rivas-Vaciamadrid and as national director of the Spanish FMC. Raúl also oversees the John Wesley...
Camilo and Magaly Mora were appointed to Europe and moved to Madrid, Spain, in September 2019. They are part of the training center helping implement the Community Church Planting strategy through the Impact Europe Network, where national leaders are developed to...
Prayercast | Spain
Mosaico Learning Center
Heartbeat | Spain
In October 2020, I was bored on a Friday night, casually watching “Mediterranean Living” on HGTV. I jokingly texted my adult children, expressing the idea of moving to Spain. Little did I know that...
The dawn of a new year fills us with joyful expectations of something new, fresh and different to come – something that will bring life and the hope of better things to come. I consider this, and my...
Can you imagine immigrating from Central America to Europe? Because of growing violence among youth in El Salvador, immigrating to Spain is exactly what Shelvi did. A young woman from El Salvador,...
There is a “go” in the gospel; there is a call to the church to go and take what we have received and pass it on to all people of every age and every nation. “Be my witnesses” — declare what you...
- Population: 46,320,000
- Evangelical Christians: 1.60%
- FM Work Opened: 2005
- FM Churches: 7
- Faith Communities: 3
- Church Plants: 1
- FMC Membership: 255
- Ministerial Candidates: 4
- Ordained Ministers: 5
- Mission District Leader: Raul Araña
- Ecclesiastical Accountability: FMWM through Europe Area Director Josh Fajardo
Join the ministry in Spain
Church Planting & Development
Funding the Spain Church Planting and Development (CPD) will help resource the following people and strategic initiatives:
- Church planting throughout Spain
- Director’s travel to supervise work in the Canary Islands, Murcia, and ongoing church plants in other regions of Spain
- Leadership training for national pastors and church leaders
- Juan Wesley Bible Institute
- Travel-related expenses to send Spanish representatives to Church Leaders Conference
- CPD promotional materials
Extra Mile Projects
Spain Development Fund
This fund will help with church planting efforts at existing locations and future church planting projects. It will provide leadership-training resources for emerging leaders and scholarships for seminary candidates attending the John Wesley Bible Institute of Spain or partnering institutions. It will also support national church planters and international missionaries where God opens doors.
Ministry Vehicle for Spain
A van is needed for the local church in Rivas; the study abroad program; and the Logos Learning Center. 2/3 of the people in the church use public transportation. The ministry is very limited and would like to expand community services. Thousands of dollars have been spent on rental vehicles in past years and purchasing a van would save on unnecessary expenses. Our goal is $15,000 to purchase the much needed van.