- the ministerial candidates and the strengthening of their faith and ministry
- those resistant to the gospel or trapped in idolatry, witchcraft and magic
- new believers to have a passion for their new life in Christ
- the new church plant in the center of Lisbon
- the Souza family, who were sent from the FMC in Portugal to Säo Tomé and Principe
- Cida Matos, a missionary and pastor, leading the cell-group network
- Santiago and Laysse Magalhães as they assume the responsibility of the FMC in Lisbon and continue pastoring the youth network in Portugal
- Hugo and Carla as they lead the newest church
Three churches are meeting at Corroios, led by Eduardo and Cindi Angelo, one in central Lisbon, led by Santiago and Laysse Magalhães, and another in Barreiro led by Angelos and Hugo and Carla Conceicao. In addition to regular worship times, the Portuguese churches regularly sponsor awakening and missionary conferences serving to build up the body of Christ. These congregations also are known for excellent music ministry. A seminary was established to train and form church planters, pastors and cell-group leaders. The Barnabas Project provides food and assistance to low-income families and the homeless.
Cida Matos, another missionary from Brazil, has been serving since 2000 and leads the cell-group network in Portugal.
Work in Portugal is challenging. Many are resistant to the gospel, evidenced by their involvement in idolatry, witchcraft and magic. The FMC in Portugal is now a sending church, having sent a missionary family to the former Portuguese colony of Sӓo Tomé and Principe (Africa) to plant churches and develop leaders.
Eduardo & Cindi Angelo
Portugal Mission District
Eduardo & Cindi Angelo
Cindi and Eduardo Angelo have planted and pastored churches near Lisbon since 1999. They focus on planting pioneer churches, reaching the lost, and training and releasing new Christians to be leaders of small groups and future churches. They were instrumental in...
Cida Matos has served as a missionary in Portugal since September 2000, supporting church-planting work and developing leaders. As an ordained elder in the Free Methodist Church, she leads the cell-group network in Portugal. She also teaches at the theological...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
- Population: 10,813,834
- Evangelical Christians: 1%
- FM Work Opened: 1999
- FM Churches: 3
- FM Church in Process: 1
- FMC Membership: 300
- Ordained Elders: 9
- Ministerial Candidates: 2
- Country Leaders: Eduardo & Cindi Angelo
- Ecclesiastical Accountability: FMWM through Europe Area Director Josh Fajardo
Join the ministry in Portugal
Church Planting & Development
Funding the Portugal Church Planting and Development (CPD) will help resource the following people and strategic initiatives:
- International missionaries — Eduardo and Cindi Angelo
- Church planting — new works
- Training and equipping of national pastors and church leaders
- Travel-related expenses to send Portuguese representatives to Church Leaders Conference
- CPD promotional materials
Extra Mile Projects
Portugal Development Fund
This fund helps provide leadership-training resources for emerging leaders and scholarships for seminary candidates. The fund also supports the ministries of national church planters and international missionaries as God opens doors.