LOCAL MISSIONS ORGANIZATION
THE LOCAL MISSIONS MOBILIZER
Each local church is encouraged to select a Local Missions Liaison. The liaison is the local church’s point person through whom Free Methodist World Missions can provide resources and share missions news. Responsibilities of the liaison may include:
- Serve as the local church’s liaison to the conference missions team and to Free Methodist World Missions.
- Lead the local church’s efforts to raise missions awareness and participation as a Global Local Church.
- Lead the local church’s missions committee (World Impact Team).
- Encourage deepening commitments to prayer and financial support of specific missionaries and national ministries.
- Foster relationship-building with supported missionaries and national ministries.
THE GLOBAL LOCAL CHURCH
Each local church can be a Global Local Church – a community of believers who have caught Christ’s vision of transforming the world through the power of the eternal God. The Global Local Church has incorporated the truths of Acts 1:8 into their everyday ministry – communicating God’s redeeming love in their neighborhood, in their region and to the ends of the earth.
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8
WAYS TO BECOME A GLOBAL LOCAL CHURCH
- Organize a World Impact Team to coordinate mission efforts of the local church.
- Provide specific missionaries with prayer, financial and emotional support.
- Hold an annual missions celebration (World Impact Weekend) to celebrate what God is doing around the world and how that relates to the local church.
- Let prayer for the world permeate each worship event.
- Partner in ministry with one or more missionaries.
- Partner with a country to sponsor the ministry of Jesus Christ through the Free Methodist Church.
- Join a VISA Ministries team to minister in another part of the world.
- Read about what God is doing around the world.
- Build relationships with world Christians – missionaries, international leaders and other Christians.
THE LOCAL WORLD IMPACT TEAM
Suggested responsibilities of the local World Impact Team may include:
- To develop prayer concern for missionaries and worldwide ministries.
- To build relationships with specific missionaries supported by the church.
- To partner with Free Methodist ministry in a specific country.
- To encourage involvement in long-term or short-term missions service.
- To stimulate giving for missionary support, country support and Extra Mile Projects.
- To coordinate all missions activities and programs for the year.
- To develop a missions education program for all ages.
- To plan an annual missions celebration.
Printable page with ideas for holding a Missions Fair at your church