The Lorenz family lives just outside the capital city of San José, Costa Rica. Wendy works throughout Latin America with missionary children and families. She also leads a global Third Culture Kids (TCK) team, providing our FMWM missionary parents with encouragement and resources. She believes missionaries can focus more intensely on the ministry work when they sense their family is doing well. Wendy’s ministry helps missionary parents navigate some of the uniqueness of their child’s experience as a TCK.
Glenn served the Latin America Area for several years. In 2022 he became the assistant area director of Africa. His primary responsibility is recruiting, onboarding, training and coaching a team of long-term residential missionaries for West Africa.
Children: Libby, Isaac, Jakin, Ellie
- the church throughout Latin America as it fuels and sustains a biblical movement to reach all for Christ, specifically through Community Church Planting
- Wendy and the TCK global team as they care for and equip families by providing resources, encouragement and educational support while advocating for TCKs in line with the vision of FMWM
- God to show all of the FMWM TCKs how much He loves them, cares about them and celebrates them – not for being a Third Culture Kid, but just for being His child
- their Religious Worker Visas to come through
- Raices (Roots) children’s curriculum as it is adapted and used throughout Latin America
Recent Heartbeat Articles
Four years ago, Olga Beatriz Gómez Alzate arrived in Medellin, Colombia, from Creative Access Country X. She moved into the Alfonso López neighborhood with her husband, Jefferson, and sons. Her life was not easy because her marriage was not going well. Her husband...
For a long time, we have emphasized family discipleship within the church. Through much prayer and intentional discipleship, we are witnessing the fruit of young lives changed. The “Jehovah is My Pastor” church is participating with God in the restoration of Latin...
In August 2022, the Nicaragua Mission District participated in the 12-week pilot discipleship program Innovate. The Transformational Churches team in Latin America partnered with The Chalmers Center to train discipleship facilitators. The partnership with The Chalmers...
Let me introduce you to Juan Carlos and Yaneth Rodriguez. They started their ministry as youth pastors and later began focusing on church planting and small-group ministry. In 2004 they planted the “Manantial de Vida” (Spring of Life) Free Methodist Church in Nogales,...